Pages

Dave and the Drag Queens

Dave and the Drag Queens
Bread - The Staff of Life

Sunday, May 12, 2024

Happy Mothers Day 2024

Quite appropriate for the first new post in more than 10 years is published on and about Mother’s Day. I have written several good notes about MD over the years. This past year we found out that our good friend and former neighbor Marilyn had passed in California. When we moved to Virginia, we met Marilyn and Jim Whalen. We became fast friends and kind of adopted each other. Jim sponsored me in the Lions Club, and Marilyn we she was awesome! Jim passed; Marilyn moved away. She went to live near her daughter in California. Specifically, Pasadena. Yup at that point Marilyn became a little old lady from Pasadena- We did visit once, and she was living in a sweet little cottage across from her family. She had a chubby orange cat and dozens of plants and flowers. –Marilyn Happy Mother’s Day!
Today I was thinking a lot about my Mom. It happens every year of course. It has been 36 years now since she moved on. I commented to my kids today that she would have loved them so much. Rita Elizabeth Smith (mommy)- 5 children and seven grandkids. We lost mommy too early. So much life was still available after her time had passed. Rita did not have an easy life. Strewn with tragedy and loss, I know that she finally found her peace. I know she did. Mommy – Happy Mother’s Day! We miss you! We love you!
My Mother-in Law Vicky. I call her mom. Strong, self-sufficient, and smart. In her younger days mom drove a bus. She also worked at Southbury Training School for many years. Tough job! But a good job! Handling and working with developmentally and sometime physically challenged adults. Boy, does she have some stories. Victoria – 4 children 11 Grands Happy Mother’s Day Mom! My baby sister Dorothy. (SIL) Fun, Funky Cool as Heck! A nurse and caretaker for the majority of the elderly and infirm in Southbury CT. We were fortunate to have Dot join us on many of our trips. Not a great deal of people know this but Dorothy has an awesome travel survival plan. When she goes away she is always brings enough Feta Cheese for everyone. You can never have too much cheese! Dot and Donny packed off their youngest, David to the USMC a couple of years ago. My Godson, the youngest looks after the farm.(Dylan) I don’t think Dot gets all of the thanks and praise she deserves. Today I say to you.I Love you my baby sister. You are doing a great job! Thank you for all you do! Dorothy – 2 Children Happy Mother’s Day Dorothy!
My daughter-in-law Mellisa. The person responsible for 2 of my favorite people in the world! Clare Dakota and Liam Walter. Hard working, tough, smart and a great mom! I see Melissa so often in Clare, when she does or says some things. A mannerism, a roll of the eyes, walking away shaking her finger in the air like she is scolding the world. And I say “OMG you get that from your Mom! I am so very proud of Mellissa. She will do well in all she sets her mind to. She is an outstanding mom, and my favorite DIL! Melissa- if you read this …. Listen carefully and hear the whisper. That is Virginia calling to you! We love you! Melissa – 2 Children Happy Mother’s Day
My wife, Victoria (BCP). The reason I am still on this earth. Funny, caring, truly a faithful person in all senses of the word. My wife is deeply passionate about her kids and grandkids. She loves family and family stuff. But Victoria has also dedicated her non-family life to kids. OPK- Other Peoples Kids. In Special Education and now Special Education Administration. That must be the mother in her. She is my hero and my heart and soul. I am truly blessed for you to be mother to my children. Vicky – 3 Children 2 Grandkids A Very Happy Mother’s Day *Note- The CCOTC (The Children of the Corn) Went shopping after church and picked up some large chunks of bovine and small crustaceans and created a delicious Surf and Turf for their Momma. see above
Happy Mothers Day to all of the awesome loving Moms out there.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you my Davey! We certainly have been Blessed with so much Motherly Love ❤️

    ReplyDelete