Pages

Dave and the Drag Queens

Dave and the Drag Queens
Bread - The Staff of Life

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sabbatical


Sorry to keep you all in suspense for so long. I have just finished a few months in Turkish Prison, Midnight Express Style. I was caught trying to get out with 8 cups of really good Couscous on me and did not have the correct papers. So I bribed a few officials and stabbed some guy in the buttocks with a rusty fork and here I am back on the Blog Saddle.

Ok lots of developments, but first allow me to share my idea.
A grilled Cheese and French Fry Place. Imagine the parings ?

" I will have the marble rye with Fontina and Genoa Salami served with waffle cheese fries, well done."

"I would like sourdough white with honey turkey and Swiss served with the curly fries topped with cheese."
Good for the heart ? No but good for the soul. It would have to be in a college town. preferably downtown near some concentration of people. By the police station, the hospital, a couple of office buildings etc….


Pick your bread - pick your cheese - pick your fries.
I would slide in a few homemade soups (Tomato- for sure) would round out the menu. Toppings for the fries, squeeze in a few vegetarian options like Eggplant and soy cheese and you off to the races

Well while you folks go out an open a few of these places I will be busy pursuing the perfect French Onion Soup. I hereby declare by the order of the king of the world (Alton Brown) that the first of January is officially French Onion Soup Day. Not to make you feel bad but now aren't you pissed that you sold all those little brown crocks at the last garage sale ?

You see I recently had the chance to taste some French Onion Soup. It was marginal at best. They tried to fortify it with some shredded beef but it did not stand up on its own. So I am off this morning while the family, a few teenage visitors and Mom are sleeping off the pot banging from the night before to lay my hands on some Vidalia and Bermuda onions and get the carmelization going. This will now be another Smith Family Holiday Tradition. Each New Years Day will be greeted by a hearty beefy cauldron of steaming onions swimming in liquid brown love.
Happy New Year from he who wanders palette in hand for the next great taste.

I sign myself forever in you bellies -TheFoodNomad

No comments:

Post a Comment