Pages

Dave and the Drag Queens

Dave and the Drag Queens
Bread - The Staff of Life

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dads Rock


Nomadders - It is a warm sunny day in Virginia. Saint Patrick has smiled down upon us and blessed us with fine weather. I feel fortunate for this. The homestead is filled with the sweet , aromatic scent of simmering corned beef. The ears are filled with songs of the Wolfetones, the Chieftains, Van Morrison, Tommy Makem, The Clancy Brothers, and the Pogues.
If you know the Pogues, excuse his teeth he's been working on them.
HAPPY SAINT PATRICKS DAY TO YOU ALL !


God Bless your culture and heritage no matter -Irish or other.

Our patron Saint drove the nasty snakes from Ireland. With my blog today I would like to drive the love of your ancestry into your hearts. Irish, Italian, German, American Indian, Polish, - wherever your people hail from … celebrate that… that place…. that culture… that food.

As Crosby, Stills and Nash say Teach your children …. Teach your children well.
I know where my mother's people come from. Within a mile >>> Do you ? Do your children know where their grandparents and great grandparents come from ? Does your son or daughter know what your national dish is ????

Brazil - Feijoada, Norway- Farikil, Germany- Sauerbraten, Greece- Moussaka.

Can those children do a national dance or sing a song from their country of origin ?
Listen up… We are all American, tried and true. But this country was built on religious and cultural freedom. Figure it out, and share it with those with those to whom it matters. I truly am blessed to be who I am and where I am from. I cherish that. I share it with my relatives and children. Love who you are and love those who are like you. Love those who are not like you more.

UD says his dad used to frequent an Italian place that would serve corned beef parmagiana. The Randazzo brothers ran this place. Joe and Phil. It was in Milburn L.I. . Another neighborhood place.

Lets salute the dads out there. Keep in mind- Dads are far from perfect. We try our best
v Eugene
v Ernest
v Donald
v Edward T. 1 and 2

Let's ask the Dads to carry on the traditions. I love you all. Keep the faith.

Noooooooooo Madddddddd


No comments:

Post a Comment